Craig has been Managing Director of the Barrington New Zealand group since 2001. His investment banking career spans over 20 years working in London, New York, Sydney and Toronto. Craig specialises in advisory work around mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure, private equity, structured finance and capital markets.
Prior to joining Barrington, Craig was Divisional Director with Macquarie Bank for ten years and was Head of its Asset and Infrastructure group in New Zealand. Craig holds a Bachelor of Law from the University of Canterbury and practiced law prior to his financial career.
Over the last five years, Craig has expanded the Barrington group from Corporate finance and Treasury Services to include direct investment, asset management and private banking. His roles include being director of many of Barrington’s subsidiaries including related non-financial private equity investments. Craig is also heavily involved in Barrington’s private banking and asset management operations.
His directorship roles in owned operating companies include or have included:
- Chairman of Premier Beehive Bacon Limited
- Auckland Airbus Limited (airport to city bus services)
- Boston Marks Insurance Brokers (London Lloyds Broker)
- Youown Housing (New Zealand’s largest commercial shared equity provider)
- Castlerock LP Management (Private Equity)
Outside office hours, Craig is also involved in governance roles, and he is currently:
- Chairman of St. Mary’s College Board of Trustees
- Trustee of the Kelliher Charitable Trust and Kelliher Art Trust (one of New Zealand’s
largest private charitable trusts).
Craig has been a Chartered member of the New Zealand Institute of Directors for over ten years.