Governance is the activity of governing.
It relates to decisions that define expectations, grant power, and verify performance.
Directors are faced with ever increasing responsibilities. Treasury more than ever is under the microscope. There are many instances of corporate failure as a direct result of treasury mismanagement.
Boards and Councils turn to us for support in understanding key concepts to assist with:
- Producing financial reports that comply with constantly changing financial instrument accounting requirements.
- Ensuring that treasury policy adequately addresses appropriate risk management for the entity's exposures: funding, liquidity, investment, foreign exchange, interest rate, cash, operations.
- Verifying compliance with procedures.
- Establishing performance benchmarks.
- Defining reporting requirements.
We help define terms of reference for Audit, Finance and Risk Committees.